This is a luxury townhouse with all the extras: chef's kitchen, elevator, garden with outdoor furniture, fully furnished museum quality artwork -- 6 bedrooms 8 bathrooms, pool table, piano, comfortable seating, exquisite custom made dining/conference table. Better than the photos!
HARLEM JAZZ AND GOSPEL GETAWAY
2 WEST 123RD STREET
WELCOME TO THE HARLEM GETAWAY
If you have the slightest issue or question about how something in the house works, or any question at all don’t hesitate to call me immediately:
Fire or police, call 911
1. Garbage must be properly separated and bagged. PLEASE FOLLOW RECYCLING DIRECTIONS EXACTLY OR FINES CAN BE INITIATED.
The kitchen must be left “broom clean”.
DO NOT LEAVE DIRTY DISHES AND POTS FOR THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF.
2. Our neighbors deserve peace and quiet. Enjoy our garden at any time but, especially in the late evening, keep the noise level to a minimum: no yelling, loud talking or loud music. There are many families and babies in the neighborhood, and the sound carries well through the garden block.
3. Please try to turn off the lights when you leave a room. Moderate electric consumption helps us to maintain healthy rates and a healthy planet. Please keep the HVAC at a moderate temperature and when leaving the house for a full day and night turn them off, the house cools or heats up quickly.
4. Be aware that doors are shut tightly behind you. When using the garden or visiting the roof, be careful not to lock your self out! There are bolts and extra locks on the doors for added overnight security but they are not necessary. The neighborhood is safe and familial,” most everyone knows everyone”. There is alarm system if you wish to use it; ask for instructions. It also is not necessary, but we do rely on it when there are no guests in the house.
5. There is absolutely no smoking permitted inside the house at any time. You may smoke in the rear garden provided that you use an ashtray or other receptacle. DISCARD OF ALL CIGARETTE WASTE SAFELY AND PROPERLY
6. Follow carefully the instructions to operate the elevator. They are quite simple: you enter the elevator and close the wooden outer door behind you. You then press the desired floor and the inside door will close automatically. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLOSE THE INSIDE DOOR MANUALLY AS DOING SO WILL TRIP THE SAFETY, DISABLING THE ELEVATOR. When you get to the desired floor the inside door opens automatically and you manually open the outside (wooden) door. UPON EXITING YOU MUST CLOSE THE WOODEN DOOR BEHIND YOU, OTHERWISE THE ELEVATOR CANNOT BE CALLED FROM ANOTHER FLOOR!
7. When you are finished watching TVs please make be sure both remotes are turned off. that the TV light on bottom right of screen glows red, indicating it is off. If it is blue please click the “Power” button on the Samsung remote until the light turns red.
8. Please do not open any windows in the kitchen or on the Parlor floor
without discussing it with the owner. The upstairs windows may be
opened if necessary but the top windows tend to slip down and they
can be very difficult to close.
9. Everything in the house works but should be treat gently, the shades, the elevator, billiard table etc. will all require repair if not handled correctly. Please be conscious that most of the furniture is antique/vintage and should be treated delicately.
10. The dining room table is a work of art that took two years to create. It was custom made in 1992 by furniture craftsman David Ebner from Bellport, Long Island. Please do not sit on the table, put your feet up on it etc. In other words just treat it with the respect it deserves.
11. There is plenty of available closet space and hangars. There is a grocery shopping push cart for your use if you need it. There are board games etc. in the dining room closet. There is extra gas for the grill and fire wood for the fire place. All linens, pillows, beds are of good quality and plentiful.
12. Check out time is 11:00. Bag storage is available in the ground floor office after this time
ENJOY YOUR STAY!